keskiviikko 25. marraskuuta 2015

Somebody's childhood


About a year ago I saw an amazing poster that said: Your everyday life is somebody's childhood. (Sinun arkesi on jonkun lapsuus -poster by Lotta Nieminen.) The message really hit me. My tired monday mornings, my busy afternoons, my I'm-too-tired-to-make-dinner-nights are my kid's childhood. The mess and the annoyed snaps and the hurry-ups. And let's face it, I'm not a perfect mom! Our house is a big mess most of the time, our routine a bad joke and our dinners very often turned into evening meals because of everything that just... ...happened. Way too often I am the tired and irritated bitch of a mom, snapping and raising my voice. 

So please, even if I'm going to tell you about over the top birthday parties or our outdoor playground or the fun crafts that we do, please please don't call me a perfect mom! Don't come to me and say: Oh I never bother to do this or that, you must be a superwoman to achieve all that!

Cause I'm not. A superwoman that is. I'm just an ordinary mom who does what she can to survive the ordinary life, the busy years with two little kids that seem to have superpowers for themselves, at least superspeed and super-high-energy-power.

And to give my little superheroes the childhood they deserve, something nice to remember. A solid base to grow up on and a strong knowledge that they are loved.

***

Okay, with all that out of my system, I can start for real.

As said, I have two kids. A daughter who just turned five, and a year-and-a-half old son. Right now I'm a stay at home mom, and to me it means that they are my job. I'm here, staying at home, for them. And as we do all kinds of fun things together I thought it might be nice to have a place to save them all. And maybe someone else can get an idea or two. 

But this is NOT a blog about them! I've blogged about them and our everyday life before, but I'm not comfortable with that anymore. So let's protect their privacy and only talk about paper airplanes and playhouse deco. And, even if they are the prettiest things on earth, I'll avoid showing you their recognizable pictures, just to keep on the safe side.

Here's something from my instagram, this is what I'm talking about.


Oh and sorry about my english! I'm probably making a million mistakes, but since english is the common language of pinterest, that's what I'll use too. Because pinterest-mommas, I'm in looooooove with you!



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti